Simple Steps To Save Water
- Saving water at home is simple and smart. The average household spends as much as $500 per year on it's water and sewer bill, but could save about $170 per year by retrofitting with water efficient fixtures and incorporating water saving practices.
- Fix leaking faucets and toilets that flush themselves. Research has shown that an average of 8% (or more) of all home water is wasted through leaks. Fixing a leak can save 500 gallons of water each month.
- The difference in a five minute and ten minute shower is about 45 gallons of water. Shorten your time and save water!
- A dishwasher uses three to five times more water than doing dishes by hand. Morer labor, less water. You choose!
- Two of the highest uses of water in the house are the shower and toilet. When possible, take showers instead of a bath and consider washing your face or brushing your teeth while in the shower.